UK Game Expo

Free for all, anything goes!

UK Game Expo

Postby Bithir » Sat May 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Visited the Game Expo today - was fun, despite just walking around there and not participating in any of the RPG or board games. Spent a fortune on dice, a game mat and a large oil painting.

See some pictures at my G+

Recommended!
Bithir

Re: UK Game Expo

Postby Fishface Preston » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:10 pm

I had a lot of fun, although the Bring & Buy was pretty mediocre this year - very few RPG books and most of the board games were too expensive. From what I could gather, the really good stuff were snapped up early Saturday morning. Nevertheless, I got a few bargains, and I finally offloaded some old Atmosfear games and a Necropolis 2350 splatbook

I'd booked two games over the weekend, one each day. Saturday's game was a Savage Worlds session: "Live And Let Retrometabolise", where the PCs were the cast of Captain Scarlet & The Mysterons (I was Destiny Angel - the first one to snicker gets a bunch of fives!). The plot was one long love letter to the Connery and Moore James Bond films, and a blast to play - the highlight was when Captain Blue was driving his SPV with Jaws on one side trying to get in, so Blue popped the door open, ejecting Jaws into the air! I really couldn't have asked for a better

Sunday's game was... odd. The system was a beer & pretzels game called Stuporpowers!, mixed with a bit of QAGS by the GM. The GM was... odd. Lovely woman, and a fun GM, but she did tend to go off on more than a few tangents; at one point, she had us all singing and dancing to "Let's Do The Time Warp Again" purely because I mentioned it off-hand! Among her numerous tangents were glimpses into her personal life; she's a bisexual in a polyamorous bdsm relationship with a man and a woman. As I said... odd.

The game itself was even somehow odder; among the PCs were Poor Hygiene Lad, with a B.O. Force Field and Reviving Flatulence, Glamour Gal and her concussive breasts and The Angry Chef, with the power to create three cubic inches of mashed potato and give his foes a creamy nougat filling. Yes, really.
Fishface Preston

Return to General Discussion