[On Pause] - Zeitgeist ~ General discussion

Please Pre-fix any thread with either [ACTIVE] or [ENDED]

Moderator: Game Masters

[On Pause] - Zeitgeist ~ General discussion

Postby Rayoman » Sun May 12, 2013 8:52 pm

A place for general chat about the game.

It has a players logs on Obsidian portal with completely inspirational artwork, all done by the players themselves. And a site that I'm only just playing around with at the moment.
Zeitgeist Session Log
Zeitgeist Site (always under construction)

The official site is here

And has enough modules done so we could probably settle down for a year or two, with a few breaks.

really enjoying running this game so far, the module are designed in non linier fashion and so far the players have pulled them apart, mostly to make a very challenging and pleasantly unique plot.

So... the next session... Wake up and smell the coffee... really looking forward to this. Saving the players skins to see if they can get it together to solve at least one crime without making a mess of it.
Rayoman

Re: [Active] - Zeitgeist ~ General discussion

Postby Jamin » Wed May 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Lets remember - our past 'failures' have included:
    Saving the kings life when his own sister tried to kill him and all his attendies
    Rescuing his new ironclad flagship from certain destruction by his hippy sister
    Aiding a powerful spirit (Spiro?) and gaining some kind of level of friendship with her
    Rescuing a special forces member when the rest of his squad was killed and he was begging us to hack off a limb to save him (we rescued him with ALL limbs...)
    Taking up their mission and doing our best to stop a war
    STOPPING A WAR
    Yes, we averted war - but somehow this is a failure... No, im not bitter, im just full of rage
    Passing the dutches' final wishes on to her brother (the king) after she got herself killed for cavorting with unsavory spiritual types
    Saving the cousin of the king's wife-to-be
    Surviving on a hilltop during a spiritual assault, and confirming that the entities there are being controlled by a 3rd party (pretty big news!!)
    Investigating a diplomatic incident of a murder on foreign soil
    Breaking up a mafia meeting, destroying a harbor they were using for unsavory activities and destroying some of their finances

If thats us screwing things up then im going to give Stover a slap.
Women want him,
Men want to be him,
Transsexuals want to be him in a stunning dress.
Jamin

Postby Rayoman » Fri May 17, 2013 10:38 am

To be fair the 'war' was 'stopped' by the Risur navy and army both of which took heavy losses in the process due to the fact the infiltrator team... aka our 'Heroes' forgot their main mission, went off chasing pixies, and failed to open the sea gate. Oh and they got themselves captured in the process of forgetting so were mostly sitting on their arses in prison while all the action was going on

I've scanned in the ... ah... illustrations from this and last week... :shock: ...you people need help... I've give you all the details of my therapist. :mrgreen:
Rayoman

Postby Jamin » Fri May 17, 2013 11:38 pm

No way - we were to assist the main team. We were there to help them out and they got killed before even getting to the island. In fact, they barely got off the boat before getting themselves slaughtered!!

We generously offered to pick up the mantle and do our best to save the situation they botched - then we got blamed for it all going south. I bet they even got a golden statue with a fountain in the town center and everything.

We were scapegoats - damn The Man!
Women want him,
Men want to be him,
Jamin

Postby Rayoman » Fri May 24, 2013 4:42 pm

... After last night... making some changes to way i run things to make it smoother running and less bits and pieces to carry... maybe

And remember level 3 next session... and level 4 in another month-ish
Rayoman

Postby Jamin » Mon May 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Level three - woot!
Women want him,
Men want to be him,
Jamin

Postby Rayoman » Wed May 29, 2013 10:59 am

Firearms rule mods.

Apart from a few exceptions they follow the standard rules given in Ultimate Combat as per a society with "Commonplace Guns".
Note that they use 'Touch AC' in the first range increment

The exceptions are
*You can only use them if your character has been 'trained' (this is decided at generation or during play)
*All firearms do one extra die damage. ie. 1d6 becomes 2d6
*Always reroll 1's
*All early firearms misfire on a 1 or 2
*Advanced Firearms are very rare
*If you carry a loaded gun and/or 'gunpowder' don't get close to fire... bad things can happen ;)

As we are only using a partial amount of the advanced combat book anything chosen from it related to firearms needs to be discussed at the table before it can be chosen/used/etc. I will have the rules on hand at game time.
Rayoman

Postby Jamin » Thu May 30, 2013 2:55 pm

ok, cool.
So is the extra damage die shown on my weapons already? I presume not, but i better check before rolling more dice :)

Also, are my weapons early, or not so early?

Um, im sure there was something else i was going to ask...
Women want him,
Men want to be him,
Jamin

Postby Rayoman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:39 am

No and Yes respectively :mrgreen:
Rayoman

Postby Bithir » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:17 pm

I will have to bow out for Thursday 6th of June. I am going to be driving back from Reading, so I can't make the evening. Apologies for this.
Bithir

Postby Rayoman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:27 pm

You got that spell list? PM it me if you can.
Rayoman

Postby Bithir » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:28 pm

I will have to bow out tomorrow night :( Very sorry for this.
Bithir

Postby Bithir » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:12 am

I will have to skip again tonight. There should be no issues next week though. :(
Bithir

Postby Bithir » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 am

Bithir wrote:I will have to skip again tonight. There should be no issues next week though. :(

Change circumstances again - the world moves in a rapid pace. I should be able to join you guys tonight for some awesome gaming.
Bithir

Postby Rayoman » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:00 pm

w00p, sponsored this... so looks like we have flavours of zeitgeist for years to come :mrgreen:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enw ... finder-and
Rayoman

Postby Rayoman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 am

Just so you folks know I haven't given up... just a lot on my plate at the moment. Had some health issues which have sorted themselves out a bit, various other issues and tonight... a conference call to the Netherlands to sort out some visa issues. Now ... This boy needs therapy! but it will have to wait for next week. See y'all then all going to plan :mrgreen:

Next week I'm planning something big, a couple of changes to perhaps unify things a bit... get back on the track, we'll see.

and now some music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8BWBn26bX0
Rayoman

Return to Current