[ACTIVE] Sar-Mal Campaign

Please Pre-fix any thread with either [ACTIVE] or [ENDED]

Moderator: Game Masters

[ACTIVE] Sar-Mal Campaign

Postby Bithir » Mon May 13, 2013 6:12 pm

This campaign uses a homebrew version of RIFTS. It is a munchkin system, with characters that are by all means extremely powerful. The world is a mix of Cthulhu inspired high-fantasy and high-tech dystopian future filled with the battle between good and evil. Unfortunately, for the heroes, rarely things are as black and white as they seem.

A few short term missions have been played so far by the group to get used to the world, and the system.

The actual campaign starts with Sar-Mal, the dragon (player character) offers a good deal to the Blackstone Juggernauts, the mercenary group that the remaining player characters are in, to hunt the black mage Gabriel.

“I am Sar-Mal hal Relamanir, the jewel of Dragonkin. I am a Great Horned Dragon, the most powerful, strong, graceful, and beautiful of the dragon races. I will smite anyone who opposes me or one of my friends or followers. Stand in my way on your own peril.”, Sar-Mal breathes out some smoke to accentuate his point. He continues, as he paces back and forth, his tail whipping angrily back and forth, “All of dragonkin has been slighted by Gabriel Bates, dragon killer, and he will feel my wrath. I will slay him and his cohorts and I will feast on his entrails. This blood mage, demon summoner and necromancer deserves nothing but death, he has ravaged villages and towns and enslaved and sacrificed the citizens for his vile experiments. I will bring him his well deserved death”.

Sar-Mal pauses for effect as he lets his gaze sweep across the collected members of the small mercenary unit known as “Blackstone Juggernauts”. His pacing back and forth leaves claw marks in the mega damage reinforced floor.

“I pay well, and expect results, and I believe you also have a vested interest in Gabriel and his downfall.”, Sar-Mal, opens his left front-claws and countless gems drops from it to the floor, where they bounce and spread out. “So, Blackstones, I ask of you, are you friends with dragonkin or my enemy?”

A couple of weeks has passed since the fateful encounter between Sar-Mal and Blackstone Juggernauts, and they are trying their best to dig out the cohorts of Gabriel and Gabriel himself, only pausing now and then to do small mercenary missions when more money is required to fuel this frenzied search.
Bithir

Re: [ACTIVE] Sar-Mal Campaign

Postby Bithir » Mon May 13, 2013 6:14 pm

The campaign runs of the same table as Zeitgeist campaign. So when one of us is active, the other goes dormant.
Bithir

Return to Current