[ACTIVE] Jarl II - The Next Generation

Please Pre-fix any thread with either [ACTIVE] or [ENDED]

Moderator: Game Masters

[ACTIVE] Jarl II - The Next Generation

Postby Gilbobaggins » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Following on from my previous D&D 3.5 campaign which ran for over four years we now begin the sequel, set in the same world fifty years later.

We normally use our own forum but I thought I would post here too.
The link to our group forum is here: http://walsallrpg.proboards.com/

Following the great plague and the defeat of the demon lord Necrax, those races less affected by the plague had a time of prosperity. The orcs came out of the mountains and spread south, easily over-running the human settlements. Goblins struck into the Dwarf caverns and forced out their occupants. The Elves were beset by Orcs and Hobgoblins and most retreated deep into their forests or left in ships to the northwest. In the south the Yuan-Ti dominated and held sway over the lands previously ruled by Humans and Centaurs. Hordes of undead from the east further harried the struggling communities of Dwarves and Men.

Fifty years on and Jarl is a different world.

Lunari's forests are overrun with Hobgoblins, Elves are rarely seen. The Lizard King rules the southern lands and sends forth storms of pestilence to show his power. The dread Necromancer summons armies of undead to ravage the lands of the east. In the north, the Orc Lord is building an army of slaves to further his empire. The Humans of Thrain continue to hold out, but are beset on all sides.

The players have been taken from their home village by a band of marauding orcs. The 'Black Sun' tribe are a particularly nasty group who have raped and pillaged their way through the villages west of the once great city of Great Helm. On their way, they have kept the stronger captives, presumably to work as slaves in the orc mines to the north. So it is that the players find themselves in a cage with several others.......
Steve Gilbert
Gilbobaggins

Return to Current